I am a lucky guy because I love my life. Of course, it was not always the same as I was overweighted, I had a boring job, no money, just health issues and stress. One day when my girlfriend told me that she is pregnant, I decided to change my life forever.
I set up few goals and the main one was to live happy and healthy life. It was not easy and it did not happen in one day but…
Few months later I just smiled into the mirror on myself and said LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. And I keep smiling since and saying ONE YOGA A DAY KEEP DOCTOR AWAY
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
Believe me or not, especially YOGA helped me to change my life. I became a confident person with passion for yoga and other sports like running or cycling. I could only dream about these activities when I was fat and my health was not in a best shape.
Also people what I met on yoga classes helped me to open my eyes. I am stronger and positive person now and therefore I strongly recommend that you try yoga as well. if you plan to lose weight and get more fit, yoga is a great start to change your life.
PROBLEM WITH HIGH CHOLESTEROL: Foods To Eat For Lower Cholesterol
Live A Happy And Healthy Life
Studies show that a person’s health is one of the strongest predictors of happiness. But the link between health and happiness is complex.
Poor health has the potential to significantly affect almost every aspect of your life: your independence, your self-image, your personal relationships, your ability to work and carry out basic daily activities. So it’s no surprise that when your health takes a hit, your happiness does as well.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Foods To Eat And Lose Weight
My 3 Keys to Happy and Healthy Life
- I do not overeat. I stop eating when I feel only about 80% full. This is a golden rule of the oldest Japanese people and working for me as well.
- Yoga – since I started with Yoga I lost almost 60 pounds. Thanks to Yoga my muscles are stronger so I can do other sport like running or cycling
- I completely changed my Work Balance and Life Balance. Are you satisfied with your life?
Yoga Is The Best Exercise For Overweight People
I believe yoga can be a perfect form of movement that strong builded people can adapt for themselves. For overweight people, low-impact exercises like yoga may be more comfortable than, say, running on the pavement. And most postures can be modified to fit your body.
LOOKING FOR AN EXERCISE AT YOUR PLACE: The Best Exercise Equipment For Home
Plus, yoga isn’t that cycling class with the drill sergeant instructor. It’s not the Insanity Workout. The mental component of yoga—the deep breathing, positive meditation and awareness—can boost confidence for people of all waistlines.
Yoga helps give you insight, and perhaps that insight can help you make better choices and eliminate negative self-talk.
3 Tips before you start:
- All you really need is a yoga mat, preferably non-slip. The yoga mat market is huge but it’s worth paying a little more for a good quality mat that suits your needs and will last a long time
- “Less is More” – Yoga isn’t about competition, and it’s not about perfection. Use the practice as an opportunity to connect with your mind and body. Never force or strain. Relax briefly between each practice. Remember the golden rule: “If it’s uncomfortable – DON’T”
- Create a comfortable spot for your yoga practice – Try to find a spot where it’s peaceful and quiet, with as much space around you as possible.
You can do yoga anywhere as long as you have enough space around you without the risk of bumping into tables, chairs, etc. I’ve practiced in the living room with my dog snoring next to me on sofa.
Not ideal, but I still got my practice in, which is the most important message of this article. So be creative and get on your exercise mat no matter what! Create the best space you can and enjoy your practice!
Weight Loss Yoga For Beginners
If you think you’re not the yoga type, think again. Just about anyone can do it, and it’s not about bending yourself into a pretzel. For men and women of all shapes, sizes, and abilities, yoga builds strength and balance. It’s also a great way to ease stress. Therefore, Be positive.
Also, you might love the idea of yoga, but might be disappointed after you join a class. Well, do not lose hope just yet. Try at least three different studios before you decide that yoga is not for you. But I guarantee you will love it.
“Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” – Simone de Beauvoir
And if you adopt the practice as a part of a daily routine, you feel a difference – mentally and physically. And as an added bonus it can bring a weigh loss too. Do not forget that many overweight individuals are inflexible due to a sedentary lifestyle, and lack range of motion due to adipose tissue so now is a great time to CHANGE IT.
MUST READ: How To Lose Weight Now
Yoga Poses and Exercise for Overweight People
As over weighted you can be upright and spend the bulk of the exercise in vertical positions. But you can still flow through movements with intelligent regressions. Many upright positions are challenging for the limbs; for example, holding the arms at shoulder height in a warrior position.
An upright practice does not necessarily mean a heart-pumping, sweaty yoga practice, but it can still be an opportunity to gain the basics and increase range of motion.
BEST BLENDER REVIEWS 2018: What Is The Best Blender For Smoothies – Top 10 Smoothie Makers
Yoga Positions (Asanas) may be practiced at any time of day except within 2-3 hours of having eaten. You can do postures when the body feels stiff, tense, tired or hyped-up.
Be aware not to do too many over-stimulating postures just before bedtime. Asanas are best practiced first in your yoga routine, followed by breathing (Pranayama) and then meditation.
So want to give yoga a try, but not ready to take your workout public?
Asana #1: Standing Forward Bend(Uttanasana)
- Stand with your feet a comfortable distance apart.
- Inhale, raising arms above your head, palms facing each other.
- Exhale, bend your knees and begin to gently fold forward as far as is available to you.
- Hands can come to the thighs, shins, to a block (or two – one under each hand on any of their three heights) or to the floor. Stay here for 3 breaths, working your legs towards straight as you hold.
- If your belly feels compressed here, step your feet wider and/or come back up for a moment, bring your hands to your low belly and tuck the skin towards the pelvis before folding back down.
- On your next inhale, come back up with arms overhead. Exhale back to standing.
To increase the stretch in the backs of your legs, bend your knees slightly. Imagine that the sacrum is sinking deeper into the back of your pelvis and bring the tailbone closer to the pubis. Then against this resistance, push the top thighs back and the heels down and straighten the knees again.
Be careful not to straighten the knees by locking them back (you can press your hands against the back of each knee to provide some resistance); instead let them straighten as the two ends of each leg move farther apart.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys
- Stretches the hamstrings, calves, and hips
- Strengthens the thighs and knees
- Improves digestion
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Reduces fatigue and anxiety
- Relieves headache and insomnia
- Therapeutic for asthma, high blood pressure, infertility, osteoporosis, and sinusitis
Asana #2: Warrior 1(Virabhadrasana I)
- Begin standing near the back of your mat with your feet a comfortable distance apart.
- Turn your left toes out about 30 degrees to the left.
- Step your right foot forward a comfortable distance and bring your hands to your hips.
- Inhale and bend through your right knee, making sure your knee is tracking in line with your 2nd toe. If you’re bending far past your ankle, scoot your foot forward a bit until you’re not.
- Exhale and straighten your leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat moving on the breath 2 more times, using this as an opportunity to learn more about what your knee needs today.
- After this, on your next inhale, bend again through the right knee. Instead of moving dynamically, though, hold here for several breaths.
- When you’re ready to come out, step the back foot forward to meet the front foot. Then walk to the back of your mat to do the other side.
READ THIS: What Is The Best Exercise To Lose Belly Fat
Yoga Channels for beginners on YouTube:
- Curvy Yoga – training & inspiration portal for curvy yogis
- Yoga with Adriene – one of the most popular Yoga teachers on YouTube has several short videos for beginners and also Yoga for Weight Loss; highly recommended
- Stylecrazeyoga – power yoga for beginners and weight loss
Yoga. Make it Your “Go To”
Yoga is going to change you life and perspectives about eating. In a study of obese people with binge-eating disorders, researchers examined journals by 20 of them who were in a 12-week yoga-treatment program. Analysis of the entries showed people’s attitudes about food changed, plus the people learned to eat more slowly and to be more aware of living at the moment.
“It’ s always seems imposible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
There is no point to wait if you want to lose your weight and get fit. If I changed my life because of yoga you can definitely change your as well. Don’t wait for a right moment and start now.
Get your yoga mat and start with your first yoga asanas. And let me know how your first yoga exercise was.